Friday, July 1, 2011

New Shipment of Exotic Labradorite Gemstones

I just love getting new shipments of high end Labradorite Gems! Opening that box feels just like Christmas!

This picture is all I got to see before they were shipped and they came in much better than I thought
Gems like these are very well traveled and most are surprised to learn that it might take as long as 3 months to bring them to market. This lot began it's journey in Canada and eventually made the trip to Jaipur India where we bought them! Let me tell you they looked nothing like this when we got our hands on them. We bought them as a lot of poorly executed Animal carvings. From India they flew to Thailand where they were, shall we say "deconstructed" sawn up, ground down and repolished.
We have gone to great lengths to bring you these gem grade labs, this is part of a huge lot that we have been cutting now for about 1 year. I am not going to tell you the secret to finding these colors and patterns but what I can tell you is that we have been using very bright fiber optic lighting to isolate the parts of the gem with the most potential. This saves a great deal of wasted gem material when sawing and grinding to shape.
If your interested in any of these stones before I list them on etsy just let me know and I will weigh and measure the stone(s) of your choice. You can view a large selection of premium labradorite at my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverFound

No comments:

Post a Comment